Insurance Products

What sort of insurance do you need to buy in Iceland?

  • If you own a car or other kind of registered vehicle, e.g. a motorbike, you need to buy Compulsory Insurance (Skyldutrygging) for the vehicle. Likewise, if you own a house then you need to buy Mandatory Fire Insurance (Lögboðin brunatrygging).
  • Various other insurance policies are available to you which are optional but nonetheless necessary because accidents or mishaps cannot be anticipated.
  • Special terms apply to all insurance policies. It is always necessary to familiarise yourself well with these terms.
  • Our service representatives are happy to answer any questions you may have about insurance in Iceland. Send us an email at or call +354 515 2000.